Dear Homeschool Mom,
I’m a second generation homeschool mom. There are quite a few of us out there now, but back when we were in school, there weren’t many of you. Our families were the weird ones. I mean, the really weird ones. Our extended families, friends, communities and states didn’t know what to do with us.
But you did.
You were pioneers. You made the hard choice to pull us out of public schools and teach us in a way you knew was best for us, even if no one knew what to think of our family. You are the reason we are second generation homeschool moms. On behalf of all of us, I want to say … Thank you.
1. Thank You – for being with us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. As we go through this ourselves now, we get it. That wasn’t easy for you. It isn’t easy for us. Children can get really annoying–really, really annoying. We just hope our kids appreciate it as much as we now appreciate the efforts you made back then.
2. Thank You – for seeking out the curriulum, teaching methods and learning environment that worked for us. Lots of us didn’t fit well in public school, for one reason or another, and you made us a custom-built school, where we fit perfectly. May we do as good a job for our children.
3. Thank You – for never letting us feel like we were weird, just blessed. You instilled in us a yearning for knowledge and exploration and independence that we never could have learned in a cookie-cutter environment with lots of kids. We knew it then, and we know it now … we’re better off for it. And we plan to pass that down.
4. Thank You – for making us get up, get dressed, brush our hair, and sit in a chair to do our work. We moaned and griped and complained daily about it, but it turns out, you were right. In the “real world” they make you do that, too. Don’t worry, we’re inflicting the same pain on your grandkids.
5. Thank You – for shining Jesus to us, everyday. You showed us what a servant leader really looks like, and we’ll never forget it.
We just hope we can live up to the amazing example you laid before us.
A Very Grateful Second Generation Homeshcool Mom
As seen on: Babies and Beyond @ My Joy-Filled Life , Mommy Moments @ The Life of Faith , Busy Monday @ A Pinch of Joy, Mommy Monday @ Some of the Best Things in Life are Mistakes, Better Mom Mondays @ The Better Mom, Making Your Home Sing Monday @Moms the Word, Mama Moments Mondays @ A Mama’s Story, Inspire Me Monday @ Create With Joy, Modest Monday @ The Modest Mom, Titus 2sday @ Time Warp Wife, Gratituesday @ Heavenly Homemakers, Teach Me Tuesdays @ Growing Home, Encourage One Another @ Deep Roots at Home, Wednesday Link Party @ Walking Redeemed, WholeHearted Wednesdays @ WholeHearted Home, Heart + Home Link Up @ Mercy Ink, Proverbs 31 Thursday @ Raising Mighty Arrows, Hearts for Home @ Graced Simplicity, Homemaking Party @ Hope In Every Season, Natural Living Link Up @ Little Natural Cottage, Faithful Friday @ Simply Helping Him, Family Fun Friday @ My Life as Robin’s Wife, Friendship Friday @ Create With Joy, Friday! Friday! @ Womanhood With Purpose, Raising Imperfection @ Raising Reagan, Friday Fellowship @ Christian Mommy Blogger, Essential Fridays @ Essential Things Devotions, Pin It Party @ Beauty Through Imperfection
Be sure to sign up for our email list so you don’t miss a single post!